Bite On Bullets: Do Singaporeans Dress Badly?

Nuffnang

Twitter

Formspring

Friday, June 5, 2009

Do Singaporeans Dress Badly?

Well, as some of you might have guessed from my title, I'm gonna be a Fashion Critic for today! I've always wanted to try to be a Fashion Critic, and now I finally have a chance to show what I'm capable of all thanks to Nuffnang!



Firstly, I'll be starting off with what's hot and what's not.

Many tourists that come over to Singapore usually comment on how we Singaporeans dress. Some may say that it's nice, some my say that it's horrible. I even heard from a friend of mine that there was once a tourist approached him at Orchard Road to asked why he's dressed up so sloppy, and guess what he told the tourist to shut them up? 'I stay just behind.' Yeah, he was in a shirt, berms and flip flops.

So, what do I think is hot?



Our very own VJ, Denise Keller in a plain black toga dress. Though it may be simple, but it is how a person make that something stand out so well. Sometimes, simplicity is better.

Next.



Another VJ of ours, Greg Utt! Just by pairing his shirt with a black vest and it looks so awesome.

Moving on to our 'What's Not' section.



A typical Singaporean dressed in white and yellow. A walking fashion disaster! Don't you think she looks just like a little chick? They're the ones who gets all the attention everywhere, even on trains! She'll have a dozen pair of eyes staring at her. They should really get some help, don't you think so?

Another outfit that I totally can't stand?



Yes, when I see girls in FBT shorts at Town. It really disgusts me. Pair it up with a boring tee and you'll get a young school girl. Why can't these people wear proper clothing to the Town district area!? It's something I really don't understand. Ain't this pair of shorts for sports or when you're just going down your house to get a drink?

What's more? They are seen in slippers.



Tourists in Singapore usually approach youngsters to ask why do they have to wear flip flops to Town. For me, flip flops are acceptable but provided it matches our dressing. Afterall, it's in Town where we all are supposed to be more presentable.



Flip flops come in all sorts of colours, seen in a rainbow. Many would get the exact same pair but just in different colours. I don't see a need why they should get so many, especially when each of us has only a pair of feet.



Now, they have even created a new type of flip flops which are the strapless flip flops. How creative!

Why don't everyone get a pair of heels to top it all off!



There are so many kinds of heels these days. Low heels, high heels, wedged heels and of course my favourite, killer heels!



Aren't these heels just the prettiest thing on earth? I really think every girl should own at least one pair! Besides, it's so easy to match with.



Pair it up with a nice top and skinny jeans, and you get a gorgeous lady down the streets! No more headaches to what matches your outfit of the day! You can easily wear it with whatever you want to. But it's just a pity that girls these days are more into flat pumps rather than heels as they wouldn't want their feets to hurt while they're shopping.

Now for the comparison between Singapore's fashion and the US's fashion!



Just a few years back, Singaporeans was totally in love with Korean clothing! I remembered that there were a heck load of online blogshops importing all the clothes and then selling them to our fellow blogshoppers.

But I guess times has changed.



Now, lots of Singaporeans are seen wearing really casual clothes on the streets. They wouldn't care so much anymore.



For the high-end ladies, they'd still prefer to dress up for any occasion. Which I prefer more. After all, girls will be girls.


Now for the guys. Their clothes are much more usual, because the can only rotate around long sleeves, t-shirts and collar shirts. But they will still look equally good.


There is also the night clubs dressing. Just take a stroll down Clark Quay, and you'll see pretty ladies all dressed up for the night.


Now, Singaporeans have a change in taste. They prefer more vintage and classy clothing, which I'm totally a fan of.


Those dresses and tops are made for us to carry them out easily. And there's something even better! You can now easily find these kind of clothing with just a click of the mouse! It's available almost everywhere now.

Next is the US's fashion.



Their dressings are much more sophisticated and exaggerating. But those factors are what makes them stand out so gorgeously.


Mix n' match!


I've always loved their clothing.


And they definitely DO NOT dress badly.


The guys are no exception.


Something simple makes them look so good already.

Now, I'm gonna introduce my favourite chic n' sleek outfit for everyone.


Guessed it yet?


It's to match a simple top with skinny jeans and a pair of beautiful heels!


Don't they just look gorgeous?

Here are some matching outfits I got from the net that might be useful for some people.



What about people wearing their PJs(Pyjamas) out? Would you see any problem with it? Pyjamas are really comfy to sleep in because I myself sometimes sleep in my PJs too! I wouldn't mind wearing it out of the house, but I'd only do so in the early morning. Maybe to get myself some breakfast.


Well, I think it's just lovely to see a whole family in the exact same PJs. It shows their closeness between each other.


I wouldn't mind seeing a toddler/baby out in their PJs. It's just so cute on them. Don't you agree?


After all, they're just kids. The grown-ups wouldn't really care.


But what about grown-ups themselves? Would you mind? I guess it's the same logic like how I'd only wear my PJs out in the morning just downstairs my house. So I wouldn't mind seeing adults in their PJs in the morning, but I would definitely mind seeing them in PJs from noon time onwards.

Why? Just take a look at this!



Haha! What was your reaction? Now you know why I'd mind seeing them in PJs?!

After all these talking. Finally, I can say that Singaporeans do not dress badly! (Well, probably 1 out of 10 would.)

Ending off this post with a picture of me in my PJs!

No comments:

Nuffnang