Bite On Bullets: Genting Trip

Nuffnang

Twitter

Formspring

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Genting Trip


WARNING: PICTURE HEAVY!

Hello all! I'm finally back to my usual blogging. Sorry for those short updates here and there, was really busy. Now, I'm gonna make sure that ya'll don't die from boredom. I'll be blogging bout my Genting trip on the 15th of May to the 17th. It's gonna be a really really long one.

Met everyone at Lavender MRT slightly after 9 and then over to Transtar which was Baby's attachment place last time. Saw Baby's colleagues, Emerson and BLAHBLAH, but they couldn't recognise me. Boarded the bus and off w.
we went.

Us being damn excited.






Introducing, my Cousins, Parents, Aunties and Uncles! (Sorry for the dark pictures, the flash was too bright.)

Rowena.

Charmaine.

Claire.

Angela.

Shawn.

Clarence.


Group picture!

Aunty Alice and Godma Daisy.
Mummy and Daddy.

Godpa Richard.

Aunty Lucy and Uncle Tony.

Aunty GekSim and Uncle Jimmy.

The sisters.

Clarence.

Marmar and Rowrow.

BCF(Best Cousins Forever), lol!

And me!



Marilyn's Mum brought us Organic food again, this time it's potato chips!


This is actually quite nice, it tastes almost the same as all other sour cream potato chips. But but, this is so much more healthier and less fattening(or rather no fats at all, I think)!

Time for more food. She also got donuts for all of us! Yay!



Check out this picture of Angela below, it's damn hilarious!


Gee, what's up with your face? Lol! And looking at it, she laughed at herself.

On our way there, didn't really do much but to sleep. What do you expect? It's the wee hours in the morning! Didn't watch movies on the television. Mainly cause the shows were boring. There was this horror movie, but I wasn't really interested.

Finally! After six and a half hours of journey, we arrived at Genting Highlands!


Everyone was at the lobby waiting to check-in, and it took quite long. Luckily Godma Daisy booked the rooms in advanced, or we'd have to wait/brush their teeth at the lobby's toilet/sleep at the lobby just like other people, overnight. Poor things.



Daddy.

Mummy and Claire.

My room number! Buy 4D.

Immediately, Mummy and Claire went to rest as soon as we arrived and had to wake up after 3 minutes after they touched the bed.


And the room's freaking small! If I remembered correctly, the last time that I came, the room was huge. Ain't what I expected.

Over to KFC for breakfast with Cousins.


This meal only costed me RM11+(?). Guess it's slightly cheaper than Singapore's if I'm correct.

Now, check out our morning faces.





While on the way back to our rooms, spotted this beautiful blue sky just outside the window while waiting for the lift.


And when we reached our 25th level, we turned and realised that the actual colour was this!


It was the window which was blue! But still, both pictures are magnificent.

Back at our rooms.

Clarence with Claire's hairband. Haha.

Godma Daisy then brought us to get our Themepark(both outdoor and indoor) wristband!


A picture of our hotel being half covered by the clouds.

And us, at the Outdoor Themepark!

First up, we bought tickets to the Flying Coster(RM10 each)! But sadly when we reached, they told us that they were having maintenance for it and asked us to come back 10 minutes later.


So, we headed for the Viking Ship. Didn't snap any pictures of it. Singapore's Viking is so much higher and scarier. Genting's one was really low.

Next, to the tea cups! No one actually dared to sit with Clarence and Marilyn, because we'll knew that she'd spin damn fast. So the both of them sat together and spun their heads off. Charmaine skipped that ride because she's afraid of dizzy-ness, so she was the photographer for the next few photos.



Say cheese!



My expression was damn funny, so I had to distort it here. But I loved the way my hair was blown. Lmao!




The dizzy us!

And of course, with the camera with Char, she took some pictures of herself and loved them.



While on our way to the Flying Swings, we saw this man with a huge snake and a chameleon(which Mar kept insisting that it was fake).


He kept coming near us, and we obviously screamed and ran away.


Spot the chameleon, it looks really fake doesn't it? It just sat there and not move at all!

Alright, back to the topic.


Our all-time favourite ride! But I got quite dizzy after sitting it. Guess I'm getting old.


And I love the pretty pretty colours!


Smile everyone!







The carousel.

Now, over to this chocolate figurines place. It's new there, and so we went in and snapped a few pictures.





If only it was real.




I'm a little tea pot, short and stout!


Here is my handle and here is my spout!



Check out how huge this books were. They were almost double of me and taller.




Back to our Flying Coaster! Got Shawn to take pictures for us and Claire to look after our stuff as they were too scared to try it.


Spot Clarence, Angela and Marilyn.



Now spot Charmaine, Rowena and me!

Left the outdoor themepark after taking most of the rides. And just outside the other exit we spotted two monkeys and two tigers.

Monkey and Monkey Clarence.

Tiger Charmaine and Tiger Tabby.

Walked past the 3D Motion Ride and realised that we could go in for free!


It wasn't a really nice show, it's actually a lil scary because there were sharks and other scary monsters. No wonder it's called 'Monsters Of The Deep'.

While walking through the long and winding path to the theatre, we spotted some riddles and jokes on the walls. Here's one, try it.


Did you manage to solve this? Charmaine and I actually took so so so long to understand it even after Clarence's explaination(twice).


For those who were like us, it actually means something like this. 8-Eight, 5-Five, 4-Four, 9-Nine, 1-One, 7-Seven, 6-Six, 3-Three, 2-Two, 0-Zero. Read all the first letters of each number and it runs in alphabetical order. E, F, F, N, O, S, S, T, T, Z.

In the theatre, most of the seats were filled up. So, we had to sit separately. Ange was seated beside me.


Coolios glasses.




After the show, we went for the Indoor Roller Coaster and Bumper Car and then headed for lunch.

While roaming around, we spotted this skeleton guy outside the Haunted House.


This time, we didn't have enough time to go to the Haunted House and Ripley's Believe Or Not! I really love going in Ripley's. Their stuff are all so amazing. Oh well.

Angela, Clarence and Shawn had Kenny Rogers for lunch. While Charmaine, Claire, Marilyn, Rowena and I settled for lunch at this place called Hou Mei(好美). They accompanied me as I couldn't eat chicken cause of my skin problem.


This place sucks big time! It has been black listed by all of us. And a note to all of you if you're ever in Genting. DO NOT, I repeat, do not go to this place! There're such scammers. Each meal costed us about RM15++ and each drink was about RM5 excluding of 15% charge for each thing we order! What the fuck?!


It's not even a freaking restaurant for god's sake. And the food wasn't at all fantastic. What a waste of our precious money!



We didn't even manage to finish all(except the wantons), because they were either too blend or it tasted funny.



Charmaine's 'Special Noodles' aka Maggi Mee!


Claire's and Marilyn's, Laska! Which probably included a hand full of sardines. Yucks!

Met the 3 of them back who were so satisfied with their lunches.


An overview(part) of the shopping centre.


Went back to the Outdoor Themepark and queued for the Dinosaur Boat Ride.

While waiting, we snapped some pictures again.



Finally, after a few minutes, we were on the boat.


Inside this dark place, they were explaining about dinosaurs and they had look-alike figurines which moved.




Can you spot this huge dinosaur above, in the back? It was the brightest I could take.



Next, all of us except for Claire, Rowena and Shawn sat the Super Tobogan. It's this super fast cart. It brings you all the way up and goes down real fast, just like a roller coaster, except each cart can only contain one person.

So the 3 of them went to sit the carousel while we're at it. Row then took random pictures.






Angela, Clarence, Marilyn and Rowena then went to sit the Flying Swing again while Claire, Shawn and I went on the carousel. I think the both of them probably sat the carousel for about 6 times. Lol!



I love sitting those carousels with horses that moves up and down. Lmao. I know, it's childish but fun!

Charmaine then came back from the toilet and we went over to the Flying Swing to find them. 



Spot them flying!


Now, it's our turn!



Blurred. I take nicer pictures! Haha, joking.

Went for the Flying Dragon next as the other roller coaster was not working(all 3 times that we went, we couldn't get to sit).

Back to the Indoor Themepark without Clarence and Marilyn as they went for the Solero Shot. Sad that we didn't manage to take pictures of them on that ride. I remembered the one and only time I sat was the previous time that I was there. When the thing dropped, my heart practically dropped too. I started screaming once it dropped and then when I was at the halfway point mark, I had no voice to scream anymore. Gawd, it was the scariest and fastest ride I've ever sat. It was fun though.

The rest of us went to sit this thing here.


We wanted to sit this Swan badly, but because of the nerd couple infront of us, we couldn't as there wasn't enough seats for all of us.

While on the ugly Ship that we had to sit on.






Over to the Indoor Ferris Wheel, was queuing up halfway when we decided that I didn't wanna go on it anymore. Thanks to that stupid Indian lady, her husband and her baby. They cut our queue. Shit them.


Went for a buffet dinner, was too hungry til I forgot to take pictures. Back to our hotel rooms and played cards with Cousins. We were playing in RM, and I won!

Woke up the next morning/late afternoon and went for Mary Brown's. Walked around after that. Only managed to get myself a pair of earrings and socks. Damn.

Boarded this luxurious bus!





I had my own personal television/gaming/movie/music screen/blanket!


The look-alike Transtar burberry blanket which was super comfy.


My personal space, it came with a controller too! I played games, and caught 'Meet The Spartans'. It was a fucking hilarious movie, and I loved it!



Goodbye Genting Highlands!

On the bus, I was having a super bad headache and felt really nauseous, so I had to stop everything and sleep. It was because I was sitting directly on top of the engine. Realised that I was not the only one who was feeling that way. Even Row was feeling it too.

They stopped over at this place which sold tons of dried snacks and I got myself sour plums to stop the nauseous feeling.


Angela's and my lil pinic space.



Check out the wordings on top that says 'DUH! TOMATO'! Lmao! Why does Twisties have to act cool with all those different wordings on different flavours? We all started laughing when we saw it.


My all-time favourite potato chips!

Halfway through, we had our tea-time snack, which was served by our personal waiter(he's gay and he likes to talk to/touch Clarence).



I skipped it, as it was Chicken.



Ange enjoying her Chicken burger.


Our super spacious bus!



The guys were all at the bottom deck.


The lil space that our foods were from.


The bed for the waiter/bus driver/assistant.

Next up, was our dinner!



It was damn good, just that the chicken was quite tough to bite on. Had no choice but to eat the chicken, there was nothing else.


Us, looking real satisfied.




'Meet The Spartans'! This part was fucking funny, they were imitating 'Stomp The Yard'.

Finally, we reached Singapore at about 10pm. Trained back home from Lavender with Daddy and Mummy.

And here are the two pathetic items that I got for myself.



Overall, the trip was enjoyable. And I'd really like to thank Godma Daisy for paying for our(God daughters) trip and giving us extra cash. Thank you Godma Daisy! Let's do this sometime again.

No comments:

Nuffnang